Don’t forget to check out our brand new website – http://bit.do/hmvnutr
Be it any condition, a healthy diet is a road to fast recovery. Watch this video for some quick and easy recipes to help get rid of Wet Cough!
Whooping cough is a highly contagious bacterial infection of the respiratory tract. Although this condition is common in children, this infection can attack people of any age.
• Dry & intense coughing
• Loud & distinct breathing
• Difficulty in eating, sleeping & breathing
Food groups to consume in wet cough:
1. Warm liquids: Help soothe the throat & flush out toxins from the
Foods to consume: Green tea, soups, fruit & vegetable juices, coconut water and barley water
2. Soft foods: Easy to swallow
Foods to consume: Puddings, custards, bananas, mash potatoes, rice, porridge, egg omelette, yogurt, lentils and soft fruits like pear, kiwi, oranges, watermelon and mangoes
Recipes based on the above food groups:
Recipe 1: Warm soup
1. Put ½ chopped carrot in a pressure cooker.
2. Add 1 chopped tomato in it.
3. Add 2-4 spinach leaves as well.
4. Also add 2 chopped beetroots.
5. Now, add 1-2 cups water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
6. Allow it to cool.
7. Now, put them all in a blender and lend them well.
8. Pour in bowl and add some salt and pepper
9. Garnish with chopped coriander
10. Serve hot
Recipe 2: Lentil dish
1. Wash ½ cup pigeon eye lentils (tur dal) and soak it for 1 hour
2. Add a pinch of turmeric and pressure cook it until 2-3 whistles
3. Now, heat 1 tsp oil in a sauce pan
4. Add ¼ tsp cumin seeds and a pinch of asafoetida in it.
5. Add 1 chopped green chilli as well
6. Also add ½ cup washed spinach leaves.
7. Now, add 1 ½ tsp red chilli powder
8. Saute this mixture till the spinach is cooked for 5-6 min
9. Finally, mash the cooked lentil and add it to the pan along with 1
10. Mix well and add some salt to taste
11. Boil all these ingredients for 10-15 min
12. Make sure to serve hot
• Avoid extremely dry and solid foods like rusk, biscuits, nuts and
cookies since they will aggravate the cough
• Stay away from refined foods, candies, ice creams, pickles,
condiments, coffee, tea, sugar, excess salt, meats and soft
drinks as they tend to increase the build-up of mucus, which can
worsen the condition
SUBSCRIBE TO HOMEVEDA NUTRITION:
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK:
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: