Broken Wheat Upma, fibre-rich broken wheat variation of the traditional semolina upma. (English Video)
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Broken-Wheat-Upma-%28-Healthy-Breakfast-Recipe%29-4650r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Broken Wheat Upma
Fibre-rich broken wheat variation of the traditional semolina upma. The carrots and green peas add the necessary crunch along with the wealth of vitamin a.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 17 minutes
Makes 4 servings
1/2 cup broken wheat (dalia)
2 tsp oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
1/4 cup green peas
1/4 cup chopped carrots
salt to taste
For The Garnish
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly. Par- boil the broken wheat in 2 cups of hot water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, and add the mustard seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the onions and ginger, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add the green peas and carrots, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add the broken wheat, salt and 1¼ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
7. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
8. Serve immediately garnished with coriander.