For more great recipes visit http://bbcom.me/15voqnG
A great alternative to sugary banana bread, this oatmeal protein bake can be flavored with a variety of fruits. Even the kids will love it!
This oatmeal protein bake is absolutely bomb! It’s a healthier version of banana bread that easily satisfies your sweet tooth while delivering protein, complex carbs and healthy fats.
Once you’ve mastered the basic recipe, try flavoring it with a variety of fruits. Even the kids will love it!
• Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
• Vanilla Protein Powder
• Ground Flaxseed (Optional)
• Baking Powder
• Stevia in the Raw
• 1/2 cup
• Egg Whites
• Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 1/2 cups
• Plain Greek Yogurt
• Unsweetened Applesauce
• Bananas (Sliced fairly thin)
• Strawberries (Sliced fairly thin)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients.
3. In another medium bowl mix together wet ingredients except fruit.
4. Spray an 8″ or 8.5″ round or square baking pan with non-stick spray.
5. Line the bottom of the round baking pan with one of the thinly-sliced bananas.
6. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients – make sure it is distributed evenly.
7. Pour mixture on top the layer of sliced bananas.
8. Cover with remaining sliced banana and sliced strawberries.
9. Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown, or inserted knife comes out clean.